It's been a whirlwind, I tell you.
Trying to figure out what personal items to pack in a car to go with me in addition to the shop products that took up half of the trunk was a nightmare. Photo albums and a stuffed monkey beat out more practical things, like a coffee pot (but I bought one here). My comfy bed has been replaced by a futon mattress from ikea (yup, just the mattress. The frame didn't fit in the car and the cost of shipping the frame was double the cost, so I'm hoping to Craigslist something soon). The apartment that I had called about before we started the drive out here was rented in the two days it took to drive (but that's ok, after a near panic attack I found another just as fantastic as the first). I had to ship the Boyfriend back to Missouri, that was probably the roughest part so far.
In contrast, Richmond is a fantastic city. People are friendly. The food is sooooo delicious. Traffic is a breeze. I feel safe on the streets at night. There are some great runs coming up that I can train for. I am finally going to be able to get that SCUBA certification that I've been wanting to get, but never wanted to do my certification dives in a cold, abandoned rock quarry. The only cons is that my boy, friends, and family aren't here. And it's not a hockey town. With a few adjustments, I can really see myself becoming a real resident.
Thanks, Richmond, for making me feel so welcome :)
No comments:
Post a Comment